Once you’ve created an event for a client and added all the relevant details, it’s time to book talent! Here’s how:
How to Book Talent for an Event
- Once you’ve filled in the event details of a new event, click “Continue to Talent Booking” at the top right of the screen.
- On the Talent Booking screen, you can invite talent from your database or post the event to Recruit. PRO TIP: If booking both talent from your database and Recruit users, invite your talent database before posting the event to Recruit to ensure talent from your database don't apply as Recruits.
- If you "Invite Staff," you can search for talent, sort in various ways, filter by gender and location, and even search with more filters and tags. Once you find the right persons, select the talent you would like to invite by clicking “Select” below their profile picture.
Send an invite to all selected talent by clicking “Send Invites” and then confirm by clicking “Yes” on the pop-up screen.
- Once you’ve sent invites, your Talent Booking screen will update the "Applicants" tab with information on who has been invited. Talent will receive a notification that they have been invited, and they will have the opportunity to quickly and easily apply to work the event. As talent apply, you can review them, sort, and then shortlist those you think have promise. You can always invite more talent by clicking on the '+' button.
- Those shortlisted will show on the "Booking" tab, where you can click and drag the talent into the available shift boxes and then click “Save & Confirm Booking” at the bottom right of the screen. You can then select “Yes” from the pop-up menu to confirm the booking. Talent will be automatically notified that they have been booked. And, a new green bar will appear on the right end of their profile block for a quick visual queue that they have been booked.
- Once you’ve booked talent, a chat menu will become available on the right, allowing you to easily communicate with booked talent for this event.
Pro Tip: You can mark talent as available for an event if you want to bypass the invite process (maybe you've talked to them offline or have added a shift that you know they are available for - useful for internal staff that may also work events) by choosing “Mark Available” from the dropdown menu next to “Send Invites.”